9.25.2004

Aardvark

So guess what? I so totally love God, I don't even know what to do with myself. No, seriously, I don't know what to do with myself. I feel so discontent- like He has something planned for me to do, and I'm just not getting it. I'm trying to figure out what He wants me to do with my life, and the more I think about it, the more I just don't know. I thought I had it totally figured out, you know, do the whole Public Health at Emory and maybe a little CDC or Red Cross in there- I so thought that was what God wanted me to do. And I guess that's still a huge possibility, but for some reason, nursing popped into my head out of nowhere today. So great, if that's what God wants me to do, I'm totally willing to do it, but is that really what He wants me to do, because if it is, I gotta get started now! Goodness gracious, and it's so hard to think about what will happen tomorrow when I'm having enough trouble getting all the stuff that's happening today straight. Oh well, I know He'll let me know eventually, I just have to be patient (easier said than done...).
But anyways, I had a really great weekend :-) We went to the Shakespeare Tavern on Friday night to see Much Ado About Nothing, and it was so awesome! I love going and doing new things like that, and it's been driving me crazy that people around me don't seem quite as willing to have "adventures" so I was really excited to have a downtown ATL excursion. The show was amazing- I laughed hysterically! And afterwards, we decided that it would just top the evening off if we had some delightful Krispy Kreme doughnuts- "Hot Doughnuts Now"- have you ever seen a more beautiful sight? After getting our gooey-sweet-goodness fix, we made a feeble attempt to get back to 75/85, but apparently there was some women's boxing thing at Philipps, so they detoured traffic all over the place (or so I was convinced...). We got a nice little tour of the city, which was neat- I really like Atlanta. It's neat how every city seems to have its own distinct character and personality. Ours seems much more business-like than most, but it's hard to distinguish that at night. And on a side-note, I totally want to see Finding Nemo on Ice- how cool (eh...) is that?!
Saturday was spent doing random acts of cleaning, which produced rather disappointing results. Oh well. We had the SAO sleepover that night, and it was really fun. I enjoyed myself, because it was nice to get to know a lot of the girls that I hadn't really talked to before. I also realized that I'm getting old (or always have been)- I just don't get into that girly giggly sleepover stuff- don't get me wrong, I'd like to- it seems like loads of fun, but I just can't do it. All of the girls are so awesome- they make me smile :-D
Today was church and church, and uh, more church. I love Sundays! We talked about contentment in singleness (among other things) in Sunday school- I know God is trying to tell me that this is something I should be striving for (I've heard that message probably 37 times in the last week...), but it is so hard to do. I've talked to a lot of people about that, and I know I'm not the only struggling with that, so at least I have company, but boo hiss. Hannah and I talked about it some tonight, and I totally feel so much better- of course, I always feel better after I talk to Hannah! I am so amazed by her faith and her eagerness to serve- you can completely see God shining through her, and it's awesome! She's one of those people I've always looked to (well, since I've known her, which hasn't been that long, but you know what I mean...) as having the kind of relationship with God that I want. I'm working on it!
And so now I'm gonna try this bed thing out- I hear it's swell. I decided that I'm going to be super excellent about taking care of myself from now on- I'm afraid I have some recurring health issues, and I am going to fight it tooth and nail, even if I have to change how I eat, and for those of you who know me, that's pretty serious stuff! So #1 on the list is to sleep- we'll see how this works out...

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

1 comment:

Dan said...

Speaking for both of us, you bless your fathers, sweetheart. Keep looking up.