11.10.2004

Trout

So it's Wednesday already, eh? Time sure flies, especially when you have a gazillion things to do, but that's neither here nor there...

I have managed to deprive myself of sleep to the point that I have started to lose mental function- what used to be reason has turned into emotional drivel. I hate when that happens! And not only that, but I lack the physical strength and energy to hold these little emotional outbursts inside. Add to that the fact that I actually have stuff to be emotional about, and you get a rather icky Erin.
Seems like my little "Are you sure You've got everything under control up there?" issues just won't go away. I trust that He'll make everything work out right, but when I don't understand what's going on, it gets a wee bit harder. Oh well. I'll get better.

I'm itching to do something new and exciting. This school routine of go to class (what?!) and study (hm...) and be otherwise beneficial to the campus and community and anyone else who happens to come along (woops...) isn't cutting it anymore- "not feelin' it, babe..." And do you know what? My fun little plan to go see the Thrashers get whooped up on by New Jersey isn't quite panning out- as in, I can't find tickets anywhere to the stinkin' game!! What's up with that?! So I have to try to come up with something else really amazing to do for my birthday- oh, don't worry, give me time, and I'll come up with something that'll knock your socks off, but I'm a bit sad. Too many disappointments...

I'm on the verge of committing to the Galapagos Islands trip, and I think this will vaguely fulfill my desire for something new, except I have to wait till May, and I may just explode with anticipation before then. I'm really looking forward to going to see the family in good ole PA- I enjoy doing the whole fly-by-myself, be-sorta-like-an-adult thing- my independence is something I don't know if I could do without- I love it way too much.

Do you know what would be perfectly lovely? A chocolate chip cookie. I would really love a chocolate chip cookie- in fact, I would marry it. Wow, temporary lapse back to childhood- I'm back. I'm so excited that it's holiday time- that means I get to spoil everyone around me with tasty concoctions! Happiness!

I really want to watch Anastasia. She reminds me of myself, minus the handsome fella who is absolutely in love with her, but I think God'll fix that someday- or perhaps I'll "get thee to a nunnery"- yikes, crazy Hamlet... But anyways, I think maybe my parents forgot to tell me that I was actually a princess, and someday I'll get to wear pretty dresses and wear a crown and live in a castle... in Ireland... with ponies... and a cute little fluffy white dog named "Fifi." Yep, that's right. You heard it here, folks- Erin's a princess. So yeah, I have the same color hair and I'm stubborn beyond all reason and I could be pretty in another lifetime and I'm Russian to the core, so I'm just like Anastasia. We're twins.

I wore my orange shoes today, and I think they have some serious side effects that includes something along the lines of mental breakdown. And I also drank a gallon of milk in about two days- I should buy a cow and keep it in my closet, so I could save some money, and also I kinda like cows, like the Jersey cows, cause they're Jersey cows, and when I eat a whole lot, I kinda feel like a Jersey cow, although I don't really look like one, so I guess it's not like with Anastasia- me and cows, we're not twins- and I like the white ones with the big black splotches, because... well, how could you not like white cows with black splotches? It's classic- black and white- so cows are classy.

Well, I'm gonna hunt down some mindless entertainment and boycott anything even remotely productive and maybe, just maybe, I'll get to bed before two... we shall see...

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
Job 19:25

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound kind of quirky today! Are you on the verge of quirkiness??? Got to get out of there and eat some turkey. Leave it all there once you escape.

Maybe you should try red shoes instead!

Brittany said...

Ahem. Lightbulbs while reading Erin's post:

I really need more than three hours of sleep.

I heart hockey.

Yay for big turtles (they raised me, you know).

I adore Hamlet, and...

We can get a Jersey Cow as long as I get to name her Myrtle.

::grins::...I need sleep. The end.

Dan said...

Well, we're okay with the cow. But you'll have to get a big turtle and name her Elsie. It's all about balance.

Hope your Macon jaunt averted a quirk attack. Very cool to catch up with you and J for dinner. Even cooler that we didn't try to suprize you in M-ville.

Uncle Jack has a family tree... let's see here... hmm... cattle rustlers, IRA Lt., dog food salesman, bishop, nope, no royalty. Can't have an Irish princess with a dog named "Fifi", anyway. That's just wrong.

Heart you!

Anonymous said...

The NHL is locked out this season. There are no games this season until economic decisions are made by the main guys in charge.