Finals week already- kinda creeped up on me. I'm very ready for this week to be over- it will be the end of lots of things that I'm ready to be done: physics, that class, and just this semester in general, which has turned into the most difficult thus far. I know that there won't be many changes come spring semester, but I'm ready for a fresh start. So many changes took place this fall that it took me the majority of the semester to get a grip on things. Now I can start the semester with a firm, solid grip on everything, so things should be better, I hope. We shall see. God's got my back, so it'll all be good- I just know it!
Among other things, I'm so ready to go to my grandparents next week- I need a vacation- managed to get through the summer without one, but now I want out! It's supposed to snow the day I arrive, and it's gonna be cold- for real! I'm so excited! Going to their house is a true vacation- we'll probably drive into town a bit to do some Christmas shopping and just browse (I think my Grandma knows everyone in that town, because everywhere we go, she stops to talk to people- we can't get out of a store in less than thirty minutes!)- my grandfather (affectionately known as Pops) wants me to sit in on a Habitat board meeting, and hopefully I'll get to check out the house they just finished and meet the new family- that's always fun! We'll be heading down to Philly for my cousin's birthday- I love spending time with the aunts and uncles- they crack me up! Some good, hard-core Yankees- ah yeah!
But alas, I find myself still at school contemplating what to begin first- my Christmas cards, my crocheting (yay for cheap Christmas presents...), or studying. As of yet, I am doing nothing- way to be! Brittany and I are ordering a pizza- I wish I had remembered that before I decided not to run this morning. Oh well, ten-thousand calories never hurt anybody, right?
This weekend will be nuts. On the way into town, I have to drop off my dry-cleaning, or else I won't have any sweaters for my trip, which would be disastrous. I have to make about fifty-thousand muffins (again, cheap Christmas presents) and throw together a quilt for my cousin. Along with that, I have to unpack all of the stuff I'm bringing home from school and then pack it up again for the trip. I have to clean my room and my bathroom. Um, I'm sure I can come up with something else. Oh yeah, I have to go to Chipotle with my daddy, because he loves me :-) And we're decorating the Christmas tree and making cookies. I think that about does it. Thank goodness I'm flying out of here- driving just wouldn't cut it...
There's not much else going on here- just the normal social junk, which I have learned to get used to- not much has changed since high school in a lot of ways- very disappointing, but what're ya gonna do? Everybody should just love Jesus, and then it would be so much easier to love everybody else! Why don't people understand that?! Oh well, I guess it's one of those "easier said than done" things.
Off to be productive! I hope you are all having a great Christmas season thus far! Don't be afraid to be joyful- come on, you can do it!
Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aww...sad day - no pizza after all. That's okay - SAGA was surprisingly good today!
Stupid laptop...I wasn't finished posting. Ahem. Anyway - I'm definitely looking forward to Spring semester. It will be a fresh start after such a hectic, overly emotional fall. Spring is also when fun things start happening! I can't wait until March. It all begins with the jazz band concert, spirals into other spring activities, runs into road trips, morphs into alumni weekend (and a host of other events)...sigh...good times. :)
Enjoy the snow, and have a great vacation!
Post a Comment