Yeah man, chem was cancelled today, and there's a slight possibility that we won't have a test on Friday! Life is good :-)
I haven't the slightest idea of what has happened since I wrote last... oops. The past few weeks have been pretty good, I have to say. So far so good, as far as keeping up with work so that I won't have to go crazy in two weeks... it's a nice change of pace!
Let's see... really looking forward to Knight of Honor, perhaps not for the actual Knight of Honor part, but afterwards, I'll finally get a chance to hang out with my Sanfordian people- I miss them so much, but it's just been way too busy to get over there these days... it's kinda sad when you have to schedule time with friends... oh well, such is life.
Also looking forward to the Honors Alumni luncheon. Not really sure why, but it should be an interesting time, if nothing else.
On duty this weekend. Not looking forward to that one. Had my first issue with a resident. Ok, let me clarify... had an issue with a resident's boyfriend. Had to write the girl up (not a big deal at all), but then he starts to get all in my face, telling me what my job is and how I have no reason to write this girl up- made the situation infinitely worse than it was (we don't exactly throw the book at people who lock themselves out of their room a lot... but he just kinda blew that one out of the water... felt kinda bad for the girl... oh well... not much I can do about it now). So anyways, I was really disappointed, because I haven't had any issues with my residents at all this year (nothing major, at least), but no, can't let that happen- somebody's gotta ruin that with only two weeks left. Grrr! Ok, got that one out of my system.
Gotta look for a job today. Eh, not really looking forward to that one either. I was thinkin' about trying to work at Kroger, just b/c I could get the weird hours I need (gotta work full time, but I'll have class till at least one every day or 5 on some days). Might try a restaurant too. We'll see. I'm trusting that God will take care of this one (which is really good, because that's the only way things will work out!).
Started this crazy insane exercise schedule. Run Sunday through Friday. Lift weights Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Swim Tuesday and Thursday. Note that all of this happens before 9 am. Starting to see results, and it's kinda cool. If nothing else, I feel great :-) Ok, about that feeling great part, it only starts after lunch, b/c my muscles have been so fatigued in the morning- takes a little while for it to wear off... take for instance, this very moment, in which I would love nothing more than to sit on my bum for a very long time. It's cool though- I'll better in an hour ;-)
So about that whole Galapagos trip- y'all, please be in prayer about this one. As of now, the trip is still on, but the country is a crazy place (always has been, but they had a wee bit of a flare-up this weekend... ie state of emergency in Quito... sticky situation). Hopefully it'll all be good and calm, and they can start rioting after we leave!
My big little sister is turning 13 tomorrow!!! Watch out world, another teenager joins the ranks! Got a little bit of bonding time in with that crazy gal this weekend, and I gotta say, she is one cool kid ::ahem:: young lady. Oo oo oo!!! We wear the same shirt size now- how cool is that?! Makes both of us happy... makes her feel bigger and me feel smaller... happy day!
Oh, and guess what?! Jackie and Kevin are engaged! How cool is that?! I'm so very happy for them... they're such awesome people, so they're just right for each other!
So how 'bout that work God has been doing in my life?! Hard to describe- not really outward, easily seen work- it's the heart-changing kind that He's been up to, which is much-needed and really REALLY awesome! I love to see God work in this way, because it's kind of my personal, mostly just between me and Jesus stuff- stuff that only we would see, at least for now, and then that whole fruits thing, so hopefully y'all will notice too ;-) Eh, I don't know, I'm just rambling now.
My room is a big fat mess, by the way. Just thought y'all should know, because it's kinda rare. It's pretty bad- you know me, I don't like to do anything half-way! So if it's gonna be a mess, it's gonna be a MESS.
On that note, I'm gonna try to enjoy fifteen solid minutes of a blissful vegetative state before lunch.
I love you guys SO MUCH!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment