9.12.2004

Penguin

So I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I have officially succumb to peer pressure and got one of these crazy blog thingies. Next thing you know, I'll be smoking and swearing (because my "peers" do a whole lot of pressuring in those areas...).
On a side note, I just popped in one of my Movie Classics cds, and to my pleasant surprise, "The Promise" is on there- ah, definitely one of the most beautiful piano pieces out there. One of these days I'll figure out how to play one of those crazy pianos...
I just got back from a random run to good ole Cumming. Yesterday at about 4 o'clock, I came to the realization that I was losing my mind, and rather than stick around and let everyone be a witness to my, um, mind-loss, I got in my car and drove. Isn't it great to be able to do that? However, I'm the genius that decided to leave Milledgeville just in time to hit rush hour traffic- I amaze myself. I had a lovely visit with the family though- got there just in time for the Campbell family's traditional Friday night pizza. After a homeschool kick-off (where I was asked if I was in high school- boo hiss), I went home and watched tv for the first time in ten years. And for my viewing pleasure, out of all 37,000 channels, I chose Iron Chef- come on, y'all won't admit it, but you've watched it. I find it to be one of the most amusing things ever- it's the best comedy out there. Then I went to bed (ok, so I fell asleep on the couch- ssshhh! don't tell!). This afternoon, I mooched off of my mom and met her for Sweet Tomatoes (gotta balance out the pizza). All in all, a short but good visit.
I think I needed the drive more than anything. I had a chance to clear my head and spend some time with God. Last week was so busy, so I didn't have much time at all for quiet time, and it rained a lot, so I couldn't run (therefore eliminating a lot of God time). I have so much on my mind- I can't afford not to spend time with Him, and I was at my wit's end by Friday. I'm so much better now- God has this really cool way of lifting those crazy-heavy burdens off of your shoulders. Yay for God!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

ROOMIE! Hi! Welcome to the neighborhood! :)

Erin said...

Thanks guys :)