9.20.2004

Water Buffalo

I had such an incredible day, I just can't even begin to explain. Of course, if I did explain, people probably wouldn't find it as incredible as I did, but who cares what crazy people think anyways?!
As with most Sundays, I went to church. It was the first time I've heard our new minister when he's actually been our minister (or something...) and it was really awesome. I like the way he simply tells it like it is- no beating around the bush or any of that stuff. You can tell that he really knows his stuff too. Definitely has a heart for the Lord; really great guy. It was also good to see those familiar faces from church- they always seem to have a smile for you and make sure you know that they're glad you're home :) Then we went home and I ate the rest of some homemade pizza (I love Italians...) among other things. Ever notice that you eat at least ten times more at home than you do at school? Not good. Almost finished off a pint of ice-cream- woops!
Then I rode back home listening to a little Jars of Clay- I love them! Makes me happy :) Then I did the Bible study, SAO deal and came back to lovely Sanford. Ok. Not that exciting, but it was still great.
For the first time in a very long time (probably since March-ish), I feel like myself- it's great to be back! The passive, nothing-really-bothers-her (at least that she lets on...), isn't-really-with-it-but-doesn't-care Erin is back- commence rejoicing. It's amazing what happens when you really let go of all of that baggage and such and just give it to God- I kept on pulling it back, but I guess I reached a point when I just heaved it at Him because I couldn't handle it anymore- and He caught it! God is so amazing :)
But the best part of my day involves two friendships being restored to me. With the first, I reached a point where I was sick and tired of not talking to him- didn't make sense. I thought that he changed his mind about that crazy friendship stuff (and after my bizarre behavior, I guess I could've understood that), but I didn't want to continue assuming that this was the case without making him listen to my tirade. Well, the tirade didn't exactly happen, because when I found out that he, in fact, did want to be friends, I kind of forgot to tirade- I was so happy that I finally knew what was going through his crazy head. Now, things are finally fixed, and I am so excited! Next, I had to fix things (sorta) with another friend- ya know, communication has just been lacking in M'ville lately. It was so dumb- I wasn't really mad, but a little annoyed, and she thought I was mad and wanted to yell and scream (that would be so amusing :) I don't think I've ever done that before), but I didn't want to confront her, even though I knew I should have, and so we went through a whole week with awkward silences and just not really seeing each other at all. And now everything with that is fixed too, and I couldn't be happier :) To have lost such a great friendship over something so stupid would have been, well, just plain dumb. But now everybody is happy and talking and being normal, and I praise God for it!
And now I'm supposed to be studying for environmental science or something crazy like that. Guess it'll have to wait... I'm off to bed to dream sweet dreams (that don't involve tornadoes or hurricanes or floods- I gotta stop watching the weather channel...)

...Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey--it's Mom--

Just read your entry and glad to hear things are going well--talk to you later--
I love you,

Ma

Dan said...

"Stop it, stop, stop right this instant! What do you think you're doing? You can't say everyone's got a water buffalo when everyone does not have a water buffalo! We're going to get nasty letters saying, "Where's my water buffalo? Why don't I have a water buffalo?" And are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so! Just stop being so silly!"

Erin said...

"Everybody's got a baby kangaroo. Yours is pink but mine is blue. Hers was small but..."
"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

Brittany said...

...::thinks::...::has nothing::...

wow...