Will this sorrow never end? My heart can't take this grief much longer. It seems as though my family's hamser, Zigmund, has passed on, kicked the bucket, is pushing up daisies, is taking a dirt nap, is swimming with the fishes, etc. Oh beloved Ziggy, you have gone on to a better place...
Ok, but really, I am sad, because he was a lovely little hamster- a very active little fella with his 2am sprints on his favorite hamster wheel or his escapades around the homeschool room in his ball. How cool would it be to have a human-sized hamster wheel? Can you think of anything more awesome than that? Or one of those ball things?! Don't even get me started...
Crazy, crazy, crazy week. I'm slowly reaching the point-of-not-caring- this is not the best time, considering I still have a lot to care about. Oh well, another worry for another day :-) "I don't want to go to crazy!"
Finally had that Red Cross meeting, well, sorta. We basically decided that we couldn't do anything until we met with Sandy, the Baldwin County Red Cross lady. Wonder when that'll happen. Hopefuly soon... Maybe she can meet at midnight- there's a slight possibility I'll be available then. I'm really excited about it! I want to see if I can get certified to teach the classes, and I want to find out how feasible it would be to be available for national disaster stuff- how cool would that be? Watch out crazy bad world! Erin's gonna fight back!
I've been in such an excellent mood this week- learning to be content with what you have, who you are, and everything else going on is a hard lesson to learn, but man oh man, it sure feels good! I'm so excited about God- He just totally makes my day! He's pouring forth so many blessings on me, I just don't even know what to do with myself. I had to make some admittedly not-so-fun sacrifices, but now He's showing me that I did the right thing- He's opening up so many opportunities to serve, I just love seeing how God can make everything happen!
We have our band concert tonight- should be good, I suppose. I love to play, but I kind of miss that time in my life where it was such a huge part of my life. I love music- I love to listen, I love to play, everything about it is just incredible- I think God is a musician. I bet when we get to heaven, we'll be sitting at Jesus' feet and He'll be playing a fiddle or something cool like that. Oh wait, I bet He loves jazz though- maybe He plays a little saxophone too. Something more to look forward to...
There will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on in the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near!
Luke 21:25-28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
aaawwww! that is so sad! my hamster passed on several years ago (tear) and i still miss him. nothing like waking in the night to hear him jogging away on that rickety wheel of his. hamsters are wonderful... i feel for ya, girl.
Post a Comment