I have a few minutes to spare before I get to sit in a cemetary for the evening, so I thought I'd toss a few things out there.
This week totally had me deceived- I thought it was gonna be a mediocre, "won't kill you too much" kind of week- woops! I was wrong! Last night, I had class till, well, don't really remember when, perhaps 4:30? not sure, but anyways, after that was church. We talked about gentleness, and I realized (once again) that I really gotta work on that one. It was so interesting, because I never really thought about it in "God terms," only in human terms. God is pretty different from humans. Hmm, profound. So, we talked about how it was really when we submit ourselves completely to the Will of God- surrender to God's plan. I struggle with that- first off, it's hard to see God's plan, and sometimes when I think I know what He wants, it's really just me doing some of that human rationalization and justification- and second off, well, sometimes God's Will is so hard to accept! I guess He has His ways of making us accept it, one way or another- His Will will be done whether we say we accept it or not. It's a good thing! I'd be in a whole mess of trouble if that weren't the case!
Afterwards we came back to the dorms and watched the lunar eclipse- awesome stuff! God is so amazing :-) I enjoyed conversation with someone I haven't gotten to talk to in awhile. And then us crazy honors people went on a walking ghost story tour thingy with Harold around M'ville/campus or something. Yeah, so that was neat, but I had to bail early due to, I don't know, studying- interestingly enough, I came back and didn't get any of that done... Oh well.
Today was just nuts- that's all there is to it. I've run all over the world twenty times today, but I've managed to get just about all of the pertinent stuff done. Still don't know if I'm going home or not- probably will, but ask me in five minutes, and I might change my mind. I need a change of scenery- maybe I'll go to China. Tomorrow.
God is such a mystery to me sometimes. I can see Him doing His "God thing," but I can't fit it into the big picture yet, although I'm sure that, in time, it will begin to come together.
And those crazy BoSox won the world series- just whipped right on through there! I guess I'm happy for them, I mean, they haven't won since, what 1918? I guess they deserve it, so long as it doesn't happen for another 86 years... Just kidding, yay for Boston!!
And now I'm listening to Gershwin, and "Someone to Watch Over Me" just came on- boo hiss! Sappy song! Gotta fix that- how 'bout a little Benny Goodman- cool guy.
I want to go do something different. Maybe I'll climb a mountain this weekend. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Psh. Not even China can hold a candle to our late-night explorations of good ol' Milledgeville. Fun stuff. Hehe. We really need to do that more often. Have a great weekend, kiddo.
Get away?? Run Simba run far far away. Go see the beautiful fall colors. Breath deep. Smell the fall air enjoy some apples. Live! Do something different. Snoop for larvae, eat some bugs like your name sake post animal. Now that would be different.
What is a bandicoot? A band of coots?
Have a great weekend--I'll call you from the Bahamas~~
Post a Comment