You know, I should really update more often, because ten thousand things have happened since I posted last.
I had an excellent Thanksgiving break! For the life of me, all of the fun little details of my lovely five day weekend escape me right now, but I believe all of the joyous moments were centered either around sleep or food- my two favorite things. Mom and I cooked a five-star meal for Thanksgiving, and Diane did her five-star cooking for my birthday. So yeah, I ate... a lot. And that whole no-sugar thing? Totally went out the window the first chance I got- hey, I had discipline for long enough. I believe my first sugar encounter consisted of ice-cream, some cookie goop stuff (I promise it's better than it sounds...), apple pie, eh, probably lots of other stuff too- I promptly took a delightful little nap. The b'day was equally delightful, spent in much the same way- relaxing family time is the way to go. On Saturday for "Girls Night," we went to Buca di Beppo for dinner, watched Finding Neverland (which was really great- Johnny was, well, wow.), and then we spent some joyous time in Barnes and Noble (and the essential Starbucks, of course). It was really great!
Oh my, I picked up the most amazing book at B&N- When God Writes Your Love Story. It's so great- everyone should read it. I like it, because it just puts into writing what I've been thinking and praying about lately- kinda helps me get a grip on things, ya know?
Um, let's see... after Thanksgiving, we came back to school and I continued to be the ultimate slacker- I tell you what, I have just about lost my motivation to be motivated. No more. I've gotta start getting myself pumped up for next semester- I figure, I should already be done with school, so I'll just pretend it's not there anymore (which is hard to do when you have to sit in class...). Lately, I keep beginning work with every intention of getting it done, but I get so distracted, and next thing you know, it's 1am, and I have this rule about starting work after 1am. Ok, that's a lie. But anyways, you know what I mean.
So, random highlights of my week...
I turned in my money for the Galapagos Islands trip, and thus far, they need three students for the trip to be a go. I can't even tell you how excited I am- I could do back-flips.
I spoke with one of my professors about possibly minoring in environmental science (eh, why not? I like the environment- it's so...green....), and she said that I could help her our with some of her research stuff (nothing huge- very informal, but still, really cool!). I'm excited about it! Her research is not exactly in an area that I'm planning on heading (hybridization patterns of some flower species, I think), but it's interesting, nonetheless.
I had another icky day of physics, after which I returned to lovely Sanford feeling ick, and guess who left me a message on AIM? Brooke! I was so excited, I can't even tell you- it's so nice to hear from old friends- seems like with some people, even though you don't really talk much, you can just pick up where you left off. Yay for God for giving us friends like that (sisters in Christ, partners in crime ;) and just people you can laugh with- wow)!
And I have had yet another revelation about myself- I am incredibly stubborn. In most cases, I would be annoyed with myself, but in this particular case, it just amuses me. My will to remain firm in this situation has almost become, to me, a test of my discipline. As much as I want to just be like, "Hey, this is stupid," I will not allow myself to do it- goes against everything I've been "fighting" for. Sorry that's terribly cryptic, but it's been making me crazy (and also rather pleased, in an evil sort of way- I really am a horrible person- oops). Agh, why don't people just talk!
Moving right along, I did my Christmas shopping for friends today and played Santa, which is just about the most fun thing to do! I love Christmas!
Ok folks, my head is hurting pretty bad (might perhaps have to do with my apparent boycott on sleep, but that's neither here nor there...), so I'm gonna put myself out of my misery before I start being stupid (eh...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you, girl, are adorable. just adorable... and i swear i identify with everything you say, cryptic or not.
and, honestly, why don't people just talk. communication is the key. the key to... well, something.
i hope you are having a jolly day!
Post a Comment