I'm home :-) Yay for home... it's just lovely. Trying to take it all in while I can, because I'm not sure when I'll be back. I leave for Ecuador next Friday, and after that, well, between work and class, I probably won't get back except for a random night here and there for the rest of the summer, and then school will start, and I want to keep my job through the school year, so yeah, won't be seeing much of this place for awhile. Kinda makes me sad. I love Milledgeville, don't get me wrong, but it's not my kind of place for the long-term. It sounds dumb, but I thrive on the activity and bustle of this area... I love it. For instance, there's a bluegrass festival in town this weekend. Now, I just think that's the coolest thing ever, but we don't have stuff like that down in Milly. The only cultural stuff that happens is connected with the school, and I need a bit more than that.
Ok, got that out of my system, it's all good! I did some more shopping for my trip today. Got some really awesome running shoes... paid a pretty penny for 'em too, but for as many miles as those things will see, it's worth it. Turns out that the reason my feet have been hurting so bad is because I have a super high arch and my feet roll in when I walk, so this special foot place got me all set up with these awesome shoes that will prevent me from rolling in and special insoles that will support me feet properly... should keep my feet from hurting and reduce the pressure on my knees and straighten my back and hips out and just overall make my body happy which makes me, well, happy :-) Sorry, I know you all wanted to know about my new shoes...
I got some really awesome skirts and shirts and shorts and sandals and I finally got a travel alarm clock and I got some cool pullover fleece things from LLBean. I'm going to get snorkeling stuff tomorrow, and I have a doctor's appt to get a tetanus shot and more motion sickness goodies. Then I have to run back to Milly to work tomorrow night... exciting... should get some decent tips which will help pay for all of the things I squandered my money on today ;-)
A big ole storm is rolling in... I love storms... gets the blood pumping and makes me, as silly as it sounds, excited. Maybe someday I'll go back to school and get that meteorology certificate from Tech or something. Who knows? I still think it would be really cool to work in the Hurricane Center... I will forever be a nerd!
I'm so excited about my trip, I can hardly believe that I'm gonna get to see and do all of this stuff! Oh yeah, so La Cumbre erupted this week, isn't that exciting?! We were supposed to hike that one- I think we still will.
Ok, so about that storm, it's super close and I think my daddy would be very displeased if he knew I was still on the computer, so I'm signing off. Night all. I love and miss y'all so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment