I am sleepy. The end.
So classes start in dos dias. Wow, so things weren't busy enough, so we're just gonna throw a little class into the mix. Sounds like fun :-) Training is done. Now that was a good time. I totally underestimated the amount of time that was gonna take up- pretty much every waking moment (and some unpleasant dreams...) were consumed by Housing since my last class ended (which was, btw, a very happy day). Hm, just found a spot on my leg that I must've missed shaving this morning, hate when that happens. Anyways, made it through check-in without a hitch, although I don't really remember that day- no sleep the night before, a 4 am run, a 6 am Bible study, 8 am check-in... 6 pm bed time :-D
I'm so excited about this year's Housing staff- they are all SO awesome! I never would have imagined that I would have found such an amazing group of people who are SO in love with Jesus in training! Thank you, Jesus! They are an incredible encouragement. Lenka, well goodness, she lived in my building last semester, and I never got to know her, but she is so much fun and has such strength in Christ. And Daniel, wow, he is quite possibly the funniest, most amusing person I've met in a long time, and I just love how when he starts to talk about Jesus, he gets so excited- you can see his eyes light up, and he can hardly contain his passion! And Jon, another wow, that kid has GOT to go into the ministry- I could listen to him talk forever- I learn so much in just a few minutes- he's one of those guys that has "wisdom beyond his years"- one of those people that you are just so glad has chosen to be obedient to Christ. Goodness, that's not even all of them- they are such a blessing to me!
My residents are so awesome! I just love all of them! Sure makes my "job" easier. They just seem like a really great group of people, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better- like, for real, I'm such a nerd! I'm really excited about it!
Did an 8 mile run the other day. I should always drink coffee before I run, not to mention, some good ole hard-core Jesus time sure makes it easier. I miss my family- can't remember the last time I went home. Headed out this weekend, although I'd really like to be here the first weekend, but they'll just have to understand.
Ok, I'm sleepy for real this time. Goodnight world :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment