Do you know what's really cool? To be renewed, that's what! And do you know what's also really cool?! To know that you're right where God wants you! But wait! There's more! Guess what else is amazing?! To know that when you finally stop playing it cool and just cry out to God, He hears you, and He answers in a mighty way!! Praise Jesus!
Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights above. Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts. Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
Psalms 148: 1-3

3 comments:
I think that's fabulous that you're so excited about God! He IS wonderful! It seems like you've only surrounded yourself with close followers of Christ. This is so important. They will support you and pray for you, but as Christians, aren't we supposed to reach out to others? Being an example means not pushing others away who would be guided by you and how you live your life.
I agree with the other "commenter." It's wonderful to have Godly people to fellowship with, but God has left us in this world for a purpose. That purpose is not to be self-centered with His praise (in other words - not with other Christians only) - but to reach out to a dying and sinsick world. He commands us to do this, and to know to do good and do it not is a sin in itself, is it not? We are also to remember that the Bible says that we are to live in the world, not to be of the world, but we do have to live in it. What good are we if we do not? That is why God leaves us here once we are His. To glorify His name IN THE WORLD.
I really do appreciate the two comments- it is great to get "constructive criticism," aka guidance and such. I would ask, however, that you actually confront me about it- I'd love to talk about it, really! I question whether I actually know you (I am quite baffled as to why a brother/sister in Christ would choose to bring this up on a blog... I don't mean that critically, but I really would like to know where you're coming from, whether you've seen me do all of this stuff, which I know that I do... accountability is really great and commanded in His Word, but please talk to me!). I'm not going to launch into some huge defense of myself on this, but I would like to say that while it is absolutely essential to reach out to others, we can never have the same kinds of friendships with unbelievers that we have with our brothers and sisters in Christ- our bond in Christ creates completely different dynamics of friendship, and I could probably just go on and on about this, so please come see me, whoever you two (or 1, as the case may be...) are! I'd love to talk!
Post a Comment