11.06.2005

THANK YOU, JESUS!!! I have had the most incredible weekend I can remember in a long time! I have fallen in love all over again- do you wanna know with who?! His name is Jesus! Woo hoo!

So Gretchen and Matt are together, and do you know what I think of that? I think it's awesome! He's a great guy! He makes me laugh a whole lot, and he can take verbal abuse, which is a must, so I give him a thumbs up... and a 10!!! ;-) Anyways... he just better be good to that crazy girl, or the wrath of Erin will fall on him, and there's pretty much nothing worse than that. I'm so happy for her, because God put a man in her life that loves Him and genuinely wants to be with her and is pursuing her- she deserves that, we all do.

After I got to meet Mr. Curry, I headed up to Rock Eagle for Harvest, and the next few hours were just... I don't know. Now, these past few months, I've watched God do some stuff that I just don't understand, and He's led me on paths that weren't exactly my #1 choice, but I went in faith that He knew what He was doing. Friday night was one of those nights. I still don't understand what happened... I drove there and to make a long story short, after an hour and a half, I found the cabin, and worship was about to start, and I didn't know where worship was, and at that point, after a really stressful day, and this nagging feeling that I just needed to get back to Sanford, I turned around and drove back. Ok, so that just sounds lame and stupid, but you have to understand that I'm not generally someone who struggles with a lack of direction- I can follow them, I can keep my bearings, and I just know where I am. Along with that, I never really have a desire to go back to Sanford. Yeah, maybe to get back to Milledgeville, but never back to Sanford- I avoid it when at all possible. The rest of the night was more of the same... I have no idea why it was so urgent for me to get back when I did, and the way the timing of it all worked out so strangely that I know God had to do it- I'm still working on this whole "God speaking to me" thing. It's incredible, but it's new, and sometimes hard to get used to. Just have to stay in the Word, but that's no problem- can't think of anything I'd rather do than spend time with my Savior!

Ya know what?! I'm totally sold out for Jesus! I've listened to people tell me to "tone it down" and not be so passionate. Well, I'm sorry! Can't do it! Would you tell a woman who just found "the One" to tone it down, stop talking about him, stop being excited about her lover? No! It's no different! Jesus has my heart, and for this season of my life, He's the only one who has it, and I want to glow like someone who's in love, I want people to look at me and know that someone completes me, and that someone is Jesus! If this passion drives people away, well, that stinks, it really does, but I'm not going to hide my faith just to make people around me comfortable! Maybe they need to be made uncomfortable!

I love being this close to God. There's such a peace and fullness in my life. But what makes me nervous is that at these times, Satan is right around the corner just waiting to steal my joy. I've seen it so much in the past few months- just when I reach these points, I enter a period of intense battle, just fighting to keep my head above water, but Jesus is always right by my side- I know that. So Satan, you can just forget about it! You lose!

::happy sigh:: I want to dance! I just wanna sing a song and dance all around this place!

Alas, work beckons, as it always does, but that's alright. This week shouldn't be too hard as far as class goes. And you know what happens on Thursday?! Gonna get that much-needed vacation, and I'm so excited! On the way, dinner with Mr. Incredible ;-) (haha! or something...) and up to Gatlinburg to shop and take pictures and enjoy the fall! I have this uncontrollable urge to just sit in the woods and just be with God- no distractions, no deadlines approaching, nobody knocking on my door, no decisions to be made, no meetings, nothing- just me and Jesus and His creation. Oh wow, I'm not kidding you, I can't think of anything else I'd rather do right now.

Oh, started reading Blue Like Jazz the other night -> READ IT! It's so awesome!

Hey hey, do you know what?! Guys are crazy! It totally cracked me up to see what the "chaparones" did to the guys last night... I really thought they'd die b/c of the broken window, but our God is merciful ;-) And I got to see Casey, which was awesome! I only see him basically every 6 months, but it just amazes me to see how much God has grown him each time I talk to him- God's got plans for that boy, there's no doubt about that! What an encouragement!

I'm tired ::yawns::

Yo yo yo! Somebody really awesome has a birthday this week! Actually a few really awesome people have birthdays this week!

I need to step away from the computer...

"In the marvelous light, I'm running"

No comments: