It's odd how I feel compelled to share my not-too-exciting existence with the world, but alas, I find myself filling up my little piece of the internet with the details of my life that I would otherwise bore my friends with through face-to-face conversation- this is my way of doing them a favor, delve into Erin's life by choice not through the merciless torture of her forcing you to listen :-)
It was a pretty random weekend spent doing pretty random stuff. It came just in time- last week was quite a roller coaster ride, but this week promises to be a much more enjoyable roller coaster- not the too-many-loops, makes-you-want-to-vomit kind, and I am so ready for it! I went back to good ole high school on Friday night to see the half-time show, and the band was, of course, amazing- that's the only thing I sorta miss from high school, and even then, I only sorta miss it. We saw a bunch of people that we graduated with there (lots were on Fall Break- btw, what's up with us not having one of those?!). Then I went to the fair to help with our Shaklee stuff, and that was also how I spent the majority of Saturday. Mom and I went out for pizza, and then I came home for a nap before I made a feeble attempt to get some work done- Enemy of the State was on, so my attention was very much diverted.
I had breakfast with Katy this morning, which was so incredibly excellent- haven't seen/talked to her since August-ish. Church was really great this morning- Mike talked about anger- I think he looks into my life and picks his sermon topics based on whatever my issues are for the week. Btw, I'm doing so much better in that regard- no more anger- yay for God! We also had a carry-in lunch- I picked an excellent weekend to come home ;-) Great food- I tell you what, those ladies in church sure can cook!
But on a rather sad note, my car has asthma- no seriously, it's wheezing. Dad's gonna get it checked out- hopefully nothing too major. And speaking of Dad, he doesn't have asthma! Yay for God and making tests come out negative :0)
Isn't it just amazing how God is in control of everything? Sure makes me very happy- I'm not too good at being in control, despite my many attempts at it. He has a way of reminding us that we are in His hands- what a great feeling it is to know that God is gonna work all things out for good. Even though I don't know what's going on anymore, I am at peace, because I know that God is with me, guiding me if I will only follow Him.
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
James 1:19-21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Blogging is to talking your ear off as posting your photos to shutterfly.com is to a slide show. And I ain't talking PowerPoint, baby. I'm talking real live slide pictures projected on a screen (or wall, or sheet, "Cebu" anyone?) for endless hours in someone's darkened living room. Um, not that your details are boring. They're not. Excuse me while I get my virtual foot out of my virtual mouth.
Yay for technology! Digest the details at your own pace. Re-read. Fast forward. Yay for old fashioned relating face-to-face, too. And yay for an occasional slide show.
And yay to God for good test results! But guess what? Your car doesn't have asthma... maybe just a touch of ragweed. However, when I took it out this evening, it made the noise again. And it didn't go away. And although it sounded amazingly like the wheeze, it's definitely the brakes. So, I turned around at the sub entrance and we'll get it into the shop tonight.
Post a Comment