Hey, did you know it's September 5th? Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard?! Time flies...
Been out of sorts the past few days... reflective, I suppose. I've been glued to the television lately (ok, so "glued" for me isn't too terribly attached, but you get the idea). It is unbelievable how one hurricane, one really huge hurricane, has turned the lives of so many people upside down. If I just sit and watch and take it all in, I have a hard time distinguishing the television from reality, as if they were two different things... makes me want to cry, but more than that, makes me want to get out of Milledgeville and do something about it! I've been struggling the past few weeks, because I know that God does not ultimately have me in Milledgeville (don't really know where/what He's got planned... another story...), and if I didn't have school, I'd be on the Gulf Coast right now. School is the only thing keeping me here; I'm already trained and ready to go, it wouldn't be a stretch at all for me to have been sent down there... stupid school... So I'm here in Milledgeville, watching tv, and getting increasingly restless. My heart hurts for the people down there... so I'll join with so many others in this country who feel the same way and just pray. Just pray.
This semester is shaping up to be a pretty rough semester all around. And by the way, do you know what makes me crazy?! When people battle my independence... try to rope me into the incredibly narrow scope of the "modern college student." Makes me want to throw things. Big, heavy things at people who talk too much. Grrr. Busy is good, but I could do without the classes. But then again, I'm kind of enjoying most of my classes. Can't I just do one thing at a time? Gosh, this is almost like real life or something!
Hehe, I just got really tired and was about to be really upset, when I realized that I'm sitting here in the dark... funny how the dark makes you so very sleepy... I'm a nerd.
I left my straight hair thingy at home, and that makes me sad :-( <-- see, this is me being sad.
I'm going to the P-A in two weeks! I'm so excited, I could just do a jig :-P
Worked in the yard at East Point all day today, and got a funny burn AGAIN! I'm ready for winter and sweaters, because this summer has just been one funny-looking burn after another, and I think I'd rather just be pasty white than have 13 different burn patterns across my body.
We's runnin' lots! Two eight-miles in a row! And for one of those, I swear somebody slipped me something in my coffee, because I sprinted the last mile of it... felt like I was flying!
off to the races ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment