2.16.2005

Very interesting past couple of days, let me tell you! Ok, well I can't tell everything, cuz you'd be bored silly, but I'll summarize...

Revival has been AWESOME!!! I just can't even begin to tell you how much God has been moving in the lives of those who hear Tony Nolan speak- it's incredible! I can't wait till tonight- what's God gonna do next?!

Gretchen and I tried the hard-core detox thing, and now we have to cheat, because we almost starved ourselves without even realizing it- I'm an idiot! I'm always SO critical of that kind of stuff, and I'm not sure what made me think this was something good or that would work or whatever- it just made me very VERY hungry (Jana can attest to that- "I get to eat?!") and completely wiped me out of all energy. So, a lesson for you kids out there, you need to try to eat more than 500 calories a day- I know it's hard, but just try. Oh goodness, I guess the bad part was that I was still running 30 minutes a day, so I was essentially burning off everything I was taking in before my day really even started- 4 pounds and 3 days later, I realized this couldn't be healthy. Note to self: Work on moderation, not elimination.

Started working on defeating a cold, and victory is near :-)

Started getting a decent amount of sleep- like 7 hours a night! Woo! Good stuff!

And the best news of all- my baby sister Chelsie is getting baptized!!! Yay for Jesus for saving my favorite baby sister :-) and me too!

And in other really exciting news, God is really providing for my family in amazing ways- well, He always has, but in the face of really bad stuff, God provided a way out that is far greater than anything I could've imagined! Goodness, He's pretty cool about doing that kind of stuff, don't ya think?

And ya know what? Totally off the subject, maybe, I don't know, whatever... Anyways, for the first time ever, I think I'm really content with how I look (minus the stupid zit that won't go away! DIE ZIT DIE!)- I realized that even though I've heard it all my life, I never really looked at myself and said, "Hey, this is God's creation, I should love it and take care of it and be happy with it, because God made me just like this!" But now I can honestly say that (ask me in a few weeks, and my hormones may cause me to say otherwise...). Wow, there's such a freedom and peace in knowing that.

And ya know what else? I am so blessed. No really, I'm SO very blessed- I don't deserve any of the people He has put in my life or all of this stuff that God has given me or the opportunities that He has laid before me, but there He goes, just providing exceedingly abundantly more than I need. Happy day :-)

So now I'm gonna go take a nap. Why? Because I CAN, that's why!

Oh wait, I have to be excited about Spring Break now- only 25 days till we leave, and I can't wait! It's gonna be a blast! It's been so long since I've been to NYC, and goodness, I just love Philadelphia (yay for being a history nerd!). And I'm so excited to get to show my friends where I grew up- good ole Point Pleasant (I promise, it's VERY different from that good-for-nothing tv show). Oh, and don't forget the food! Real bakeries, pizzerias, delis... oh wow, Mama D's, Hoffman's, Two Brothers... bagels, cheesesteaks, subs... My my, I'm gonna have to find time to run on this trip, or else! Oh, and at my grandparents, maybe they'll have snow, so we can go sleigh riding! Ok, got that out of my system, I'm done... for now ;-)

So... back to that nap...

No comments: