Wow, so I've learned that a lot more people read this than I thought, so I should probably not post anything depressing, because y'all might check me into Central State or something, and as much as I'd fit in, I'd like to stick around here awhile!
Just for the record, I never said anything about guys being the only ones needing to grow up- hello! I'm a girl! I'm very familiar with our own immaturity, it's just a different kind. And I certainly don't blame all of my problems on guys- interestingly enough, I wasn't really taking about any of my own problems (that post would've been a whole lot longer!)- just crummy circumstances that I'm observing in regards to my friends, etc. and the common thread among many of the problems I see happens to be guys who just haven't quite, I don't know, grown up (granted, I know this isn't true of them all, so please don't get on my case for that!).
So... now that that's been said, let me just tell you that God has already started answering those prayers- I can't even express to you how amazed I am at how God is working in the lives of those I love- it's so exciting!!! God is so cool- can't really go into detail about what the Big Guy's up to, but it's awesome!
Tomorrow is Friday, and let me tell you, I've got exciting plans for the weekend ;) Ok, that's a lie- the only exciting thing that's happening (actually, exciting doesn't even begin to describe it- I should say thrilling!) is Sarah coming to visit, which will be awesome! I miss her so much, and I can't wait to see her! Oh yeah, and revival starts on Sunday night- woohoo! Almost a whole week of "yay Jesus!" time every single day- joy! Other than that, I have the honor and privilege of being on duty this weekend, and I can hardly contain my excitement- let me tell you, I love to spend my Friday and Saturday nights in Wells... hm, I don't think I've done that before... Needless to say, it's gonna be a wild party over here, so I better rest up so I can handle it! Oh, and another thing, my lovely friend Gretchen has decided to hate me and bake cakes this weekend, and she has the nerve to ask me to help! Goodness! That's ok, I'll just make something that'll blow Weight Watchers right out of the water- I'm terribly devious like that!!! And I've also decided to work on that astronomy class this weekend- you know, the one I was supposed to finish this summer- woops, funny how life gets in the way of school (eh, perhaps it's the other way around...).
So this Lent thing... yeah... not feeling it babe. Don't get me wrong, I want to grow closer to Christ, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is the way to do it. I've never done it before, and my track record thus far (all two days I've done it) isn't so hot. That whole not-hitting-the-snooze-button thing? Yeah, I stink at that. No sweets? No problem! But when you start messing with my precious sleep time, well, my sleep-drunken, subconscious has decided to ignore my Lent memo. My other resolve (of which I will not speak- I'm so mysterious, can ya stand it?!) has worked beautifully- easiest thing I could've picked, and I can see my focus shifting already to Christ- this, I love!
I love my family- they are awesome! The end.
"Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you."
Mark 5:19

No comments:
Post a Comment