I had the weirdest weekend ever... oh my goodness... so we're (I'm...) starting to cook dinner on Friday night for the girls, and Kristin pitches a holy terror fit because Josh Gracin was going to be in concert this Friday, not next Friday. Just to put this in perspective, she's missed the last four years of her favorite concerts at the fair, and we hear about each one of those at least twice a day or at least that's what it seems like. So, I jokingly say, "...so let's go..." to which she responds "REALLY?!" to which I respond inwardly "dear Jesus, what have I gotten myself into" and outwardly, "sure, why not?" So Jessica and I find ourselves at a country concert... and we love country... but it was cool, because I like one of his songs (it would be a sappy love song... just what I needed...) and we also got to see some people I haven't seen in awhile. And we got Starbucks. And life was good. It was weird, because Cumming feels different- I tell you what, it's changed a whole lot since I was home last! It's crazy! And more and more, it just doesn't feel like home, or at least the kind of home it used to feel like. But anyways, got back to Milly around 3, bed to 4, slept in till 10, and begin a really awful Saturday, but that's ok- mostly just because of my own bad attitude, although, I must say, I had some pretty good reasons to have a bad attitude. Ended up driving to Atlanta again. Came back after dinner in, gosh, I don't even know exactly where we were, had a good hard core cry on 75 on the way home... crying plus headlights equals not good, but I got it all out of my system, so it's all ok :-) But... the story gets better! Church this morning was amazing! Heather sang...
How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
and that is one of my favorite songs ever, sung by one of my favorite people ever! The sermon was... How to Respond to People Who Hurt You... was that God thing or what?! I was so fired up afterwards, I couldn't even stand it! I just have such a peace about the whole situation. I know what I'm supposed to do now, and the world tells me I should be angry, I should be upset, I should do a lot of things, but I'm so filled with Christ, there isn't room for any of that! And then, tonight, the most unexpected phone call of my life! Ok, maybe not that unexpected, but I was pretty much shocked beyond all reason. And now I'm back to just being confused- I should probably just succumb to the fact that I will never leave that state of mind... That's alright though, the one thing that matters is that I know I'm supposed to be here- no confusion there! Well, I've sufficiently wasted my time here... time to sleep...

No comments:
Post a Comment