Sittin' in the office waiting for fifteen pizzas to be delivered to our incredibly charitable building... thinkin' about all of the stuff that I should be doing and feeling inclined to do......nothin'. Obviously.
I miss my friends hard-core. And it's not even like I haven't seen them lately... I'm just really needing some time to just escape, ya know? Like, right now, and wouldn't ya know, I'm on duty. It amazes me how our lives are changing so rapidly. In one year, every single one of my closest friends will be graduating (or graduated)... moving on to grad school (or still being in Milly for grad school... didn't see that one coming) or out in the big bad world.
Printing out my graduation application... wondering if teaching is really what God wants me to do... trying really hard not to doubt... too many changes happening at once for my little brain to handle... trying not to be overwhelmed by it all... trying to trust...
So last week was nuts. But I got to spend time with a friend that I've really missed a lot. It amazes me how we went so long without talking to each other, but we just picked up right where we left off... and after several hours, we were sufficiently caught up on all of the life-altering changes that we'd missed out on. I hate being so busy that I don't have time for the things and people I care about most. I'm in the process of rearranging my life (yet again) to get all of my priorities straight, and so far, so good. Down to one job... manageable amount of classes... and just trying to stay motivated. That ought to do it. Road trip next month- really looking forward to that! Possible December road trip (or I may just fly outa this town!). Don't get me wrong, Milledgeville is growing on me so much, it's kinda scary (on so many levels... long story...), but I really need to get out of here... very out of here, like hours and hours away, just remind myself how much is out there. And then I can come back to my cozy little corner of civilization. Oh yeah, but back to last week... I actually remembered how to be productive... at the expense of a lot of sleep... which put me into the weekend in a serious deficit... last thing I needed...
So River of Life weekend has always been emotionally trying for me- must just be the time of year, but every single one has been an ordeal- I hate that! I just want a normal "let's serve and praise Jesus" weekend, is that so much to ask?! The first one was a good kind of ordeal (well, it seemed that way at the time), the second one was the same scenario exactly, but a really bad kind of ordeal, and this one was just, I don't know. And you know what?! I really would've loved it if there weren't four different things happening on the same day- I really just wanted to work the whole day... oh wait, that happened last year too! But anyways, the weekend ended on a really high note- or at least I let Jesus get a hold of my attitude and make me happy :-)
There are a lot of things going on that I just don't understand. It seems like God is changing every single part of my life. Oh wait, it doesn't just seem that way... that's exactly what He's doing. But in spite of all of that, He's guided me in what to do with all of these situations... hard to explain... I don't know why I'm going where I'm going, but I'm certain that the path I'm on is the one He wants me to take. The end.

1 comment:
I LOVE YOU, ERIN MICHELLE CAMPBELL!
Post a Comment