Hm, just finished a little bag o' Teddy Grahams, and all that is left are random appendages in the bottom of the bag- what carnage!
Sorry, anyways, I really don't want to write my econ paper (along with other miscellaneous items of torture), so I feel that it is of utmost importance that I divulge certain details of my oh-so-exciting existence with the world :)
Had a great weekend! Made Mom and Craig dinner- a concoction of my own- was pretty good, if I may say so. Started reading for that class, and promptly fell asleep for the rest of the night... it was 9:00... I guess I needed it! Got up around 8 or so the next morning for another Shaklee meeting, which was just delightful! Worked on a brochure to use for doctors. Went to a Sunday School dinner/party/shin-dig- ate chili- it was good- ate brownies... yep, you heard me right, no more no sweets, I fell off the wagon, and when I say fell, I really mean took-a-flying-leap-into-oblivion, and it was good :-) Loads of fun laughing and having a good ole time with everybody. Went to church Sunday morning, went to lunch, ran errands, started back to M'ville.
Before I came back here, I stopped at the hospital to visit a girl that will be in Honors next year down here, hopefully living in Sanford- she was in a bad car accident, and she has a brain stem injury- not cool. I hate to see that- everything just snatched up like that. I started talking to her, and the nurse told me that she could hear me, but she probably couldn't understand. She's such a pretty girl, but she had all sorts of tubes and such stuck in her- very sad.
Drove home. Had a revelation in the car. I was bummed, because I can't do the Kentucky mission trip with my church this summer (alas, money and work really can't be completely dismissed), when I realized that I was a big fat dork! I don't need to go somewhere else to do missions- I'm gonna do it right here! Have a meeting with a guy from my church next Saturday to talk about that class and also to see about getting a local missions thing started- need prayers for this guys- definitely a God thing- didn't just come up with that on my own, and I want to make sure I do it His way- very exciting! I want to get started now!
Started reading The Body Restoration Plan (in lieu of the 3 books I have to read for econ...)- very interesting- kinda scary.
Ok, that's all I can come up with now, so I should probably just go ahead and get started with my work- boo hiss.

3 comments:
You're an amazing person, Erin Campbell. It is so awesome that you stopped my the hospital to offer support and encouragement to someone you don't even know...simply because you realized how much it would mean to her and her family. Thank you.
Note: that should be BY the hospital...not "my" - hehe
Eh, not too amazing- that was definitely a God thing- I don't show up at hospitals of my own accord without a lot of manipulation (they're not too pleasant...)- when I walked in, I was just like, "Ok God, I'm here, and I don't know what to do [or where to go- that place is a maze!]- You just make me say what you want me to say." It's kinda neat to be used like that- God makes me smile :)
Post a Comment